Employment at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing
Plumbing technicians are currently in high demand, and the time has never been better to become a licensed plumber. It is such a growing field that, once you are licensed, you may never have to look for work again!
There has never been a better time to become a licensed plumber, as they are in high demand in Houston, TX. The following are the first steps to take to become a professional plumber.
- Get Licensed – Texas law requires you have a license before performing plumbing work and there are a variety of levels in which you can become licensed. Learn more by reading the Texas State Occupations Code.
- Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing – As soon as you’ve become licensure, you can apply for our plumbing job opportunities. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston is committed to ensuring that you find a job that will work the best with your situation in life.
What Are the Primary Responsibilities of a Service Tech?
1) To serve customers and coworkers with:
- A positive attitude
- Respect and enthusiasm
- Expert service
- Straightforward pricing
- Prompt pricing
- Complete service
- Familiarity products and services
2) To maintain a safe environment by:
- A safety conscious attitude
- Following safety guidelines
- Following state laws
- Refraining from operating electronic devices while operating a vehicle
- Focused driving
- Maintaining a clean truck on the outside
- Maintaining a clean truck on the inside
- Completing paperwork
- Filling out invoices and request forms
- Debriefing after each job
- Obtaining PO numbers
- Turning in receipts
3) To achieve sales expectations by maximizing lead opportunities, thereby attaining the minimum standards expected by the manager.
4) To conform to the image standards of the company by:
- Being clean cut, in the company uniform, covering up tattoos, and removing piercings
- Speaking with dignity and respect, and refraining from being crude of offensive
5) To have experience with:
- Tankless water heaters
- Water softeners
- Tank water heaters
- Video inspection
- Leak detection and repair
6) To have the physical ability to enter and exit trucks, lift heavy equipment, and work in the Texas heat.
What Are the Qualifications of a Plumbing Job?
- A current plumbing license from the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, Master, Journeyman, or Tradesman.
- Pass a drug and criminal background test
- Have a good driving record and insurance
Benefits of the Job
- Two weeks of vacation time each year
- Minimum of 12 days Paid Time Off
- Six paid holidays
- Hourly pay plus bonuses
- Career advancement opportunities