Water Softener Installation
If you don’t have a water softener, your home’s water is hard. Hard water is what happens when water percolates through the porous and soluble rocks commonly found in water systems, such as chalk and limestone. This water picks up trace amounts of heavy metals like calcium and magnesium. These minerals are not dangerous to drink, but it does have some problematic effects on your home–and your water bill!
Effects of Hard Water
- Causes scale build-up inside pipes, which can cause clogs
- Can lead to stains in sinks and showers
- Causes leaks in toilets and sinks to occur more frequently
- Lowers the effectiveness of water heaters, leading to a higher water heating bill
- Makes soap and detergents less effective, which means you’ll need more to get clean
- Lowers efficiency and lifespan of washing machine, water heater, and dishwasher
- Rough on clothing, hair, and skin
- Hard on dishes and glass, leaves behind spots
- Metallic taste and/or smell
Simply put, if you aren’t using soft water, you’re paying too much for water heating, putting your plumbing under too much strain, and spending too much on cleaning supplies.
The Benefits of Installing a Water Softener
Water Softeners use salt to filter the minerals present in hard water out, “softening” it. This soft water doesn’t contain the metals present in hard water, so it’s a lot easier on you, your house, and your things. Not only is soft water healthier for your body, plumbing, dishes, and appliances, it saves money, too.
Effects of Soft Water
- Fewer pipe clogs
- Fewer leaks
- Lower water heater bill
- Easier and more effective cleaning
- Longer lifespan for your dishwasher, washing machine, and water heater
- Use less soap and detergent
- No soap scum
- Spotless dishware and glass
- Brighter white fabrics
- Easier on linoleum
- Healthier skin and hair
- Better taste and smell
At Ben Franklin, we carry only the highest-quality water softeners guaranteed to give you long-lasting, money saving results. Call or schedule an appointment and we can answer all your questions and set you up with a water softener today.